Tuesday 15 October 2013

Worldwide Sketchcrawl #41

The Worldwide Sketchcrawl #41 is on this Saturday 19 October. This is an international event, held three times a year, where individual sketchers and sketching groups all over the world sketch their cities on the same day. The event is set up by Enrico Casarosa on the website www.Sketchcrawl.com. Our group, Wellington Sketchers, will take part, but you don't need to sketch with us to post your sketches on our Wellington page of the Sketchcrawl. 

If you want to meet up with us on Saturday, here are the details:
When: Sat 19 October 2013
Where: Days Bay (Beach and Jetty). Days Bay is on the other side of the harbour from Wellington city.
Meet at: 10.30am around the jetty / beach area.
How to get there: Drive (parking is easy), Days Bay Ferry (timetable here), or the 083 bus (timetable here).
Rsvp: you are welcome to just turn up, but if you want to be kept apprised of (a) weather cancellations, (b) me being late because my car won't start etc, then you will need to email me your mobile phone number by the night before: Wellington dot Sketchers @ gmail dot com. I will give you my number in return, so you can txt me if you can't find the group on the day etc.

Days Bay Beach and Wharf

We will sketch around the Days Bay area, wherever takes our fancy, and will finish up for a coffee/bite to eat at the Chocolate Dazy cafe, or the cafe at the Days Bay Pavillion, which is a 2 min walk north up the road. You can stay for as long as you want, but I will probably have to leave soon after lunch.  
Newcomers and new sketchers are welcome.

Wet/bad weather arrangements: Other than cafes, there are not a lot of places to sketch in wet/bad weather. If we have to cancel for bad weather, then I will txt everyone who has rsvped. As this location is not so very far from my home in the Hutt, I may still go ahead and just sketch in the cafe if the weather is too bad to sketch outside. I think, if you click here you can check the current weather for Lower Hutt.

If you want to see what we got up to last sketchcrawl, click here.

SKETCHING WORKSHOPS

In other news, Erin Hill from Erin Hill Sketching in Australia is visiting NZ later this year and will be running two amazing sketching workshops: one in Taupo and one in Auckland. Click here for dates, costs and booking info for the courses. Erin runs sketching and art classes, weekends, and holidays in Australia, so this is a rare chance to take part in a NZ one!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kerrie, I can't make this one but I'll try to squeeze in some sketching on the day! I'll be around Thorndon and town in general. Have a good one!

    Kriselle

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries! Hope you had a great day too :o)

    ReplyDelete